Due to Popular Demand, Martin Expands the Successful Retro String Line to Include Extra Light, Medium, and 12 String Sets.
First introduced at the 2016 Winter NAMM Trade Show, Martin Guitar enhances its popular new 17 Series with Matrix VT Enhance ™ acoustic amplification by Fishman ®. These updated models include 00L-17E Black Smoke, 000-17E Whiskey Sunset and 00-17SE Black Smoke. (www.martinguitar.com/VTEnhance)
Martin Guitars will be at Summer NAMM, Booth 901
Martin expands and innovates its world-renowned product line, updating the iconic Standard Series by introducing a new 00-18 and expanding its 15 Series to include the new GPC-15ME.
“The strong fundamental and clarity of tone that I get from these Retro strings is a real game changer for me.” ~ Laurence Juber
Due to popular demand, Martin Retro Strings line expands to include Extra Light, Medium, and 12 String sets. Retro Strings are the original Nickel Acoustic string and they offer a proprietary Solid Nickel Alloy Blend wrap wire that brings out the natural tone and timbre of the guitar’s wood. In addition to the unique metal composition, Martin employs a sophisticated winding process for their Retro Strings line to maximize intonation so that every note is crisp and clean. Slightly modified gauging makes the strings easier to play with a more balanced tone and feel. Learn more about Martin’s Retro Strings at http://www.martinguitar.com/retros.
Full details on the new Martin Guitar models that will be displayed at 2016 Summer NAMM are below and at www.martinguitar.com/new.
- 00-18 – The 00-18 is an updated version of the popular 00-18V. A scallop-braced Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides are the foundation for this classic grand concert model. The combination of the short expressive 24.9” scale with a modified low oval neck shape and the more parallel high performance taper allows for fast action and playability. An East Indian rosewood head plate with ebony fingerboard and bridge round out the updates 00-18 to this classic model. (MSRP: $3,099)
- GPC-15ME – A solid wood, Grand Performance cutaway model with understated beauty, the GPC-15ME is crafted with mahogany for the scallop-braced top, back and sides. A modified low oval high performance neck allows fast and easy play up and down the East Indian rosewood fingerboard. Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics make this the perfect stage guitar.
- 00L-17E Black Smoke: A solid Sitka spruce top and Mahogany back and sides are the foundation for this sloped shoulder Grand Concert model. The cream colored ivoroid binding and pickguard are a stark contrast against the satin black smoke finish. A modern straight line Guatemalan rosewood bridge and a modified low oval neck with high performance taper complete the 00L-17E Black Smoke. This model comes equipped with Matrix VT Enhance ™ acoustic amplification by Fishman ®. Also available in Whiskey Sunset burst finish. (MSRP: $2,549)
- 000-17E Whiskey Sunset: The 000-17E Whiskey Sunset Auditorium model boasts a rich, warm sunburst finish that will impress any player with its aesthetic beauty. It is crafted with a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides for a comforting, warm tone. The Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge pop against the rich sunburst finish. The comfortable body size and modified low oval neck with a high performance taper make this guitar easy to play. This model comes equipped with Matrix VT Enhance ™ acoustic amplification by Fishman ®. Also available in a Black Smoke finish. (MSRP: $2,549)
- 00-17SE Black Smoke: A Grand Concert addition to the 17 Series, this model features a beautiful satin black smoke finish with contrasting grained ivoroid binding. Despite its small size, this guitar projects and resonates with bold beauty. The model is constructed with a Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge. This model comes equipped with Matrix VT Enhance ™ acoustic amplification by Fishman ®. Also available in a Whiskey Sunset burst finish. (MSRP: $2,549)
- MM10 – Extra Light Gauge Retro Acoustic Guitar Strings
- MM13 – Medium Gauge Retro Acoustic Guitar Strings
- MM1012 – Extra Light Gauge 12 string Retro Acoustic Guitar Strings
- MLJ13 – Medium/Light Gauge (LJ’s Choice) Retro Acoustic Guitar Strings. These are not new but have an item number change – formerly MM13.
About Martin Guitar & Strings
C.F. Martin & Co. ® (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for 183 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards, including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the “Dreadnought” size. One of the world’s leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques, along with those introduced by the company founder.
The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings. These include the successful Martin SP® LIFESPAN® the fastest-growing treated string in the industry, the exciting new Retro Strings line played and loved by Tony Rice and Laurence Juber, and the Martin SP line, which uses an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.
Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television to movies, Broadway, books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere. Connect with Martin and Martin Strings on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com and www.martinstrings.com.