Today BandLab, the award-winning social music platform, launched “Looper”, a new mobile feature that allows users to create beats on the go: simply, intuitively, with or without prior musical experience. The Looper is a sample-based beat and music making instrument, which is part of BandLab’s cloud-based Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
The Looper is immediately available for free within BandLab and launches with 12 professionally created sample packs, each with 24 individual loops designed to mix together effortlessly – powered by BandLab’s proprietary pitch and time-shifting technology. Whether you’re an MC looking to create a beat, or a solo guitarist needing a backing beat, Looper makes music creation instant, intuitive and fun.
For more advanced users, the Looper works offline and offers adjustable quantization of each clip. Various trigger mechanics such as loop, one shot, gate and retrigger are available. The Looper also seamlessly integrates with recording in the existing 12 track Mix Editor. Additional sample packs will continue to be released to join the library of over 2000+ audio, MIDI loops and virtual instruments available across the BandLab platform.
CEO of BandLab, Meng Ru Kuok said: “I’m incredibly pleased to be launching this new powerful creation feature on BandLab. Our brand new Looper redefines mobile beat creation empowering you to be creative wherever you go. For creators, it’s a completely new way to bring additional layers into your composition whether you’re working alone or collaborating with the millions of BandLab users around the world on your projects.”
Watch the Looper in action here.
- Looper is a brand new beat production instrument that syncs and loops audio samples
- Available FREE within BandLab on iOS and Android
- 12 FREE professionally designed Sample Packs, each with 24 individual instrument loops that mix together effortlessly – thanks to BandLab’s proprietary pitch and time shifting technology
o Total of 288 loops, with a mix of Bass, Beats, Pads, Drum Fills, Percussion, Brass, Guitar, Keys, & Synth hooks
o Multiple genres include: Rock, Hip Hop, Grime, Electronic, House, Dubstep, Indie, Funk, Minimal Trap Pop and R&B
o Downloadable Sample Packs for offline creation and inspiration
o Many more Sample Packs to be released throughout 2018!
- Change the Mode or Quantization of each clip with our Loop Edit function. Modes include Loop, One Shot, Gate and Re-Trigger in 16th, 8th, quarter & full notes
- Incredible Performance FX – more than 10 FX Presets including Classic Chamber, Large Hall, Bright Room, Ambient Rocker, Echo Doubler, High Vox, Punchy Doubler, Punchy Rap, Slight Saturation, Vocal Chorus, Slow Phase, Vocal Tremolo
- Real-time time stretching and pitch shifting
- Real-time recording and monitoring
- All projects fully synced and cross-platform across Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
- Unlimited high-quality downloads of your stems or mixdowns
- Unlimited free algorithmic mastering available for your projects via the Web platform
- Publish directly to BandLab, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
More about BandLab’s Looper
Make Music Instantly, Anywhere!
A tap of a finger is all it takes to start the Looper and begin creating down your next track. Choose from 12 professionally created Sample Packs ranging from Hip-Hop to Pop. Want bass and beats? FX, keys, and synth? Tap and swipe to trigger your preferred instruments to start the music flowing. Layer on extra FX like reverb and echo via our built-in presets to create your unique sound.
You can master the basics of Looper in minutes – but the potential is infinite. Each Sample Pack contains 24 purpose-built loops, curated and professionally designed to inspire your creative process. All loops, one-shots, and FX are perfectly synced so you’ll always be in time and in key, and each combination reveals something different.
Beyond The Beat
Your newly recorded Looper mix is only the beginning, it integrates seamlessly into BandLab’s creation & publishing flow. Users can take it further by adding a rap, a melody line, another sample or a guitar riff – getting the best out of BandLab’s host of free features and community of collaborative creators.
To download the Looper image library, please click here.