Dimebag Darrell combined a cowboy’s swagger with high-gain riffs and squealing pinch harmonic-laden leads. One of the most significant elements of his sound and dynamics was the Cry Baby Wah, and at a time when wah pedals had fallen out of fashion, Dime flew his wah flag high. Armed with his hard-earned expertise and insight from years of touring, he helped us devise the most versatile wah in our lineup: The Dime Cry Baby from Hell Wah.
Work on this pedal first began some 20 years ago when Dime, a long-time user of the super customizable Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah, wanted even more freedom when setting up his rig on stage. Starting with the 535Q, we carried over its Q control, 6-way range selector, and adjustable kick-in boost. Next, we hot-rodded it with a wide sweep range for Dime to dig deep and fly high, a control to adjust the pedal’s toe-down frequency, an extra output for splitting your signal to a separate FX chain, and back-mounted LED indicators to conveniently show whether the wah is on and whether the boost is engaged. Finally, we replaced the standard rubber tread with skateboard skid tape so that your foot doesn’t slip on any spilled beverages.
The Dime Cry Baby from Hell Wah is the ultimate wah pedal for your touring rig, and with its new black camo finish, it’ll have you wearing a black-toothed grin in no time.
- Wide sweep range so you can dig deep and fly high
- Choose from 6 different frequency ranges
- Our most versatile Cry Baby Wah
- Adjustable switchable boost puts you right at the front of the mix
- Q control adjusts wah response from wide to narrow
- Back-mounted LEDs indicate wah & boost on/off status
- Extra output for splitting your signal to a separate FX chain
- Fine-tune control for adjusting the pedal’s toe-down frequency
- Skateboard skid-tape tread lets you keep rocking even if a beverage spills on your pedal
- All-new black camo finish will have you wearing a black-toothed grin
- Street: $159.99
- MSRP: $228.56