HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (January 26, 2017)—Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today announced additions to its growing accessories and lifestyle products offerings at Winter NAMM in Anaheim, Calif., including new ukulele strings, straps and gig bags, as well as the Mini ‘65 Twin Amp and Newport Bluetooth Speaker in new colors. Players looking to change up their existing guitar tone and feel can do so with new Pau Ferro and American Professional replacement necks, as well as V-Mod and Fender Custom Shop Fat,‘60s pickup sets. Also making a Winter NAMM 2018 debut are new lifestyle outerwear, apparel, collectibles and home items for Fender-lovers to show pride onstage and off.
“We’re always on the lookout for innovative ways to elevate the guitar and increasingly popular ukulele playing experience with accessories,” said Richard Bussey, Director, Product Development–Accessories and Amplifiers. “Whether it’s a classic Fender Monogram strap–but for ukulele players–or an improved selection of official aftermarket Fender replacement necks and pickups, we want to make sure that players at every stage of their musical journey have the necessary tools at their disposal.”
To complete the California Coast Series Ukuleles line, which launched in Fall 2017–Fender is elevating the playing experience with new ukulele accessories offerings, including: padded, form-fitting gig bags and American-made nylon strings for tenor, soprano and concert ukuleles; as well as straps that add timeless Fender style and color to any ukulele ensemble. Each 1”-wide polyester ukulele strap is offered in either classic Fender monogrammed or black with extendable length catering to each player’s individual needs. Building on the 600 Series launched at Summer NAMM 2017, Fender’s FU610 Ukulele Gig Bag is a stylish, secure and comfortable way to keep a concert, tenor or soprano uke safe while traveling. Featuring the iconic asymmetrical Fender shape, its durable outer layer is constructed of tough 600 Denier polyester that protects against impacts while avoiding ripping and tearing. Its interior is filled with 10mm padding lined with soft touch microfiber that keeps ukes secure while preventing finish damage.
The battery-powered Mini ’65 Twin Amp amplifier allows players to take famed Fender tone with them anywhere in a portable package replicating the classic look of the full-size Twin amp. Small, but mighty, the ‘65 Mini is great for plugging in on the go, and the headphone jack is ideal for players living in close quarters or taking a jam break at the office. In addition, Fender’s Newport Bluetooth Speaker is now offered in two new colors: Dakota Red and Sonic Blue. Easily portable and packed with music-friendly features, the Newport Bluetooth Speaker makes it easy to bring Fender’s classic stage-ready style, performance, and sound everywhere you go. Designed in Southern California, with a look inspired by our classic amplifiers, the Newport brings Fender’s famously clear, powerful sound to streaming music and phone calls.
One of the largest and most trusted pickup manufacturers in the world–Fender–now offers the full range of V-Mod and Fat ‘60s Stratocaster pickups for players looking to change up their current guitar tone. Once exclusive to the Fender Custom Shop, Fat 60’s Stratocaster pickups are now more accessible to the public, delivering sweet 1960s single-coil Stratocaster sound with plenty of crisp articulation. American Professional Series V-Mod pickups were voiced by renowned pickup expert Tim Shaw, as well as Michael Bump and Michael Frank. Carefully designed for a top-notch tone that modern and creative players will love, these pickup sets are calibrated for the best possible performance in any configuration.
There’s only one place to get genuine Fender-branded replacement necks, and now there are more options than ever to hot-rod guitars. Players will have access to 20 new pau Ferro necks, as well as those from the successful American Professional Series–well-suited to any playing style and designed with ‘63 Precision Bass®, Deep- and Modern-C-shaped profiles.
Aside from accessories, Fender has expanded its lifestyle products offering ($9.99-$110.00) with new baseball, beanie and trucker hats; men’s t-shirts hoodies and thermals; calendars; as well as new collectible Stratocaster® and Jazzmaster® key chains, bottle openers, buttons, and patches. There will also be new home products, including new drinkware, a silver sparkle bar stool, and a Fender Plush Raschel Throw Blanket with a multi-colored collage of Fender’s finest guitars. With new styles and more options, the outerwear, home décor, and collectibles are the perfect way to show Fender pride wherever you go.
Fender’s new accessories and lifestyle items are now available–with ukulele gig bags to follow in March 2018–at local dealers and on www.Fender.com. To learn more about Fender’s accessories and for complete product descriptions on each model, click here. For product images, click here.
Accessories offerings include:
- Ukulele Strings – $6.49
- Ukulele Straps
- Fender Black Ukulele Strap – $19.99
- Fender Mono Ukulele Strap (Black/Yellow/Red, Black/Yellow/Brown, White/Brown/Yellow) – $19.99
- FU610 Soprano Ukulele Gig Bag (Launching March 2018) – $39.99
- FU610 Concert Ukulele Gig Bag (Launching March 2018) – $39.99
- FU610 Tenor Ukulele Gig Bag (Launching March 2018) – $39.99
- Mini ’65 Twin Amp – $69.99
- Newport Bluetooth Speakers (Red/Blue) – $199.99
- V-Mod Pickup Sets:
- V-Mod Stratocaster® Pickup Set (Aged White) – $249.99
- V-Mod Telecaster® Pickup Set (Chrome/No Cover) – $199.99
- V-Mod Jazz Bass® Pickup Set (Black) – $149.99
- V-Mod Precision Bass® Pickup Set (Black) – $149.99
- V-Mod Jazzmaster® Pickup Set (Aged White) – $149.99
- V-Mod Jaguar® Pickup Set (Aged White) – $149.99
- Custom Shop Fat ‘60s Stratocaster® Pickups – $199.99
- Pau Ferro Replacement Necks:
- Classic 60’s Jaguar Neck Lacquer, 22 Vintage Frets, Pau Ferro, C Shape – $279.99
- Classic 60’s Jazzmaster Neck Lacquer, 21 Vintage Frets, Pau Ferro, C Shape – $279.99
- Classic 60’s Stratocaster Neck Lacquer, 21 Vintage Frets, Pau Ferro, C Shape – $279.99
- Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster Neck, 21 Med Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro, C Shape – $229.99
- Classic Player Jaguar Neck, 22 Med Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro, C shape – $229.99
- Classic Player Jazzmaster Neck, 21 Med Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro, C Shape – $229.99
- Classic Series ‘70s Stratocaster® “U” Neck, 3-Bolt Mount, 21 Vintage-Style Frets, Maple Fingerboard – $199.99
- Classic Series ‘70s Stratocaster® “U” Neck, 3-Bolt Mount, 21 Vintage-Style Frets, Pau Ferro Fingerboard – $229.99
- Classic Series 60’s Stratocaster® Neck, 21 Vintage Frets – Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Classic Series 60’s Telecaster® Neck, 21 Vintage Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Classic Series 70’s Jazz Bass® Neck, 20 Medium Jumbo Frets, Block Inlay, Pau Ferro- $229.99
- Standard Series Jazz Bass® Fretless Neck, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Jazz Bass® LH Neck, 20 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Jazz Bass® Neck, 20 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Precision Bass® Neck, 20 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Stratocaster® LH Neck, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Stratocaster® Neck, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Standard Series Telecaster® Neck, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets, Pau Ferro – $229.99
- Deluxe Series Stratocaster® Neck, 12” Radius, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, Pau Ferro Fingerboard – $249.99
- Deluxe Series Telecaster® Neck, 12” Radius, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, Pau Ferro Fingerboard – $249.99
- American Professional Replacement Necks:
- Stratocaster Neck, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Rosewood – $549.99
- Stratocaster Neck, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Maple – $499.99
- Jaguar Neck, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Rosewood – $549.99
- Jazzmaster Neck, 22 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Rosewood – $549.99
- Jazz Bass Neck, 20 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Rosewood – $549.99
- Precision Bass Neck, 20 Narrow Tall Frets, 9.5” Radius, Rosewood – $549.99
For technical specs, additional information on new Fender products and to find a retail partner near you, visit www.fender.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @Fender.