Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today debuted its 2019 electric guitar and bass offerings at Winter NAMM in Anaheim, Calif. The robust lineup is a true reflection of Fender’s dedication to electric innovation; it includes: American Performer, a series catering to performers’ on-stage demands; the Rarities Series – featuring limited-edition, upscale, boutique-style models with high-end finishes and unique woods; and the Alternate Reality Series – a celebration of iconic Fender models of the past with futuristic trends in mind. In addition, the highly-acclaimed American Elite and American Professional Series have expanded to include new finishes.
“We’re very excited to showcase one of our most diverse electrics offerings at Winter NAMM,” said Max Gutnik, VP of Fender Electric Guitars, Basses & Amplifiers. “Our leading electric guitar and bass series for 2019 is American Performer, which resets the standards for quality, craftsmanship and tone in our entry-point American guitar series with newly designed Yosemite™ single-coil pickups and an innovative DoubleTap™ humbucking pickup. The Alternate Reality Series continues our recent tradition of creating limited runs of uniquely compelling guitars with interesting body styles and tonal configurations; and finally, our limited-edition Rarities guitars are crafted from exotic woods, with high-end finishes and electronics to create an extraordinary line of instruments for the most discerning player. As our electrics lineup continues to evolve, we look forward to players of all genres and backgrounds making music as inspired and imaginative as the instruments themselves.”
Recently launched, the American Performer Series celebrates both the boom in live musical performances and the demand for a roadworthy instrument that can handle any artist’s demands, no matter the arena.Featuring 36 SKUs, the American Performer Series brings the Jazzmaster®, Mustang® and Mustang Bass into the US-made line in the $1,099.99 – $1,199.99 price range. The Performer Series blends traditional Fender design with new elements for modern tone and performance. Together, the updates deliver sonic versatility and ease of use for performers, helping them hone their tone across musical genres. Click names to view demo videos for Mustang and Telecaster® models.
Available beginning April 2019, the limited-edition Rarities Series ($2,499.99) features an upscale, boutique style series of 9 models, all crafted in Corona, Calif. Built with figured maple, ash, and koa-topped bodies, premium pickups, and high-end finishes and special electronics, resulting in stunning appearance and tone.
· Rarities Quilt Maple Top Stratocaster® (launching April 2019)
· Rarities Red Mahogany Top Telecaster (launching May 2019)
· Rarities Koa Flame Top Stratocaster (launching June 2019)
· Rarities Quilt Maple Top Telecaster (launching July 2019)
· Rarities Flame Maple Top Stratocaster (launching August 2019)
· Rarities Flame Maple Top Chambered Telecaster (launching September 2019)
· Rarities Flame Ash Top Stratocaster (launching October 2019)
· Rarities Flame Ash Top Jazz Bass® (launching November 2019)
· Rarities Flame Top Stratocaster HSS Thinline (launching December 2019)
The limited-edition Alternate Reality Collection ($399.99 – $999.99) will be available beginning March of 2019 and features Fender’s tradition of purposeful innovation. Offering eclectic models that mix and match multiple Fender design cues within a single instrument, the Alternate Reality Series instruments feature unique and unusual models that are “not just another Strat®”. These guitar and bass models are a brave new entry with one foot in the past and eyes to the future.
· Powercaster™ (launching March 2019) features the giant sound of an Atomic™ humbucking pickup with the articulate voice of a single-coil soapbar pickup, giving this guitar’s tone a bit of an edge—perfect for slashing through a dense mix. A roasted maple neck and sweeping pickguard adds some visual flair to this unique instrument.
· Sixty-Six™ (launching April 2019) has a unique visual style, which makes a bold statement with its down-sized Jazz Bass® body. The flexible HSS pickup configuration can crank out anything you ask, from fat leads to funky rhythm tones. Combining vintage-inspired appointments with modern, player-oriented features, it’s packed with a ton of useful, unique sounds.
· The Meteora® HH (launching May 2019) sports a sleek body shape that carries on our tradition of arresting aesthetic design. The sound is as propulsive as its visually stimulating lines—it wants to roar on stage, thanks to the two fat-sounding Player Series humbucking pickups. With its retro-modern offset body shape, the Meteora HH has guts and grace.
· Electric XII (launching July 2019) is designed for performance with dual split-coil pickups, a special 12-string hardtail bridge and a 3-position pickup selector, this jangly offset will definitely get attention onstage.
· Tenor Tele® (launching August 2019) is a modern take on the 4-string tenor guitar, with a huge sound that belies its small size. Tuned to the same pitches as the top 4 strings of a 6-string or any of a number of popular alternate tunings, guitar players will feel right at home on this fun-to-play tiny Telecaster.
New to Winter NAMM are two new Satin colors for all of Fender’s American Elite electric guitars, including Jade Pearl Metallic and Ice Blue Metallic. For new color product images, click here. American Professional, originally launched as Fender’s 2017 flagship line of electrics, will now include new finishes and left-handed models; they include:
· American Professional Telecaster, Maple Fingerboard in Honey Blonde – $1,749.99
· American Professional Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard in Sienna Sunburst – $1,849.99
· American Professional Stratocaster, Rosewood Fingerboard in Aged Natural – $1,749.99
· American Professional Jazzmaster, Left-hand, Rosewood in 3-Tone Sunburst, Olympic White, Candy Apple Red – $1,549.99
· American Professional Jazzmaster, Left-hand, Maple Fingerboard in Sonic Grey and Mystic Seafoam – $1,549.99
Fender’s new electric guitar and bass offerings will be available at local dealers and on www.Fender.com.