Soundbrenner debuts the Core, the first smart, multi-purpose music tool combining the functionality of professional music tools with the convenience of wearable technology. Launched on Kickstarter, the crowdfunding campaign raised over $500,000 from 2,500 musicians, becoming the most successful music tech crowdfunding campaign in Kickstarter history.
“We are absolutely humbled and overjoyed by the amount of support from musicians for the Core. We are experiencing a shift towards smart music technology and we are dedicated to becoming the leading expert in this new environment.” says Florian, CEO & Co-Founder of Soundbrenner.
The Core is the result of countless hours of research and design, testing with world-class artists and thousands of musicians worldwide. It’s the company’s second hardware product, following the success of the Soundbrenner Pulse which has sold over 60 000 units worldwide and the world’s most popular metronome app, The Metronome by Soundbrenner.
Soundbrenner will exclusively debut the Core at Winter NAMM at booth #3725, Hall D and at the NAMM Media Preview Day.
For more information and tech specs, please visit www.soundbrenner.com or the Soundbrenner Core Kickstarter campaign.
About the Soundbrenner Core – the 4-in-1 Smart Music Tool
The smart, multi-purpose wearable that combines the functionality of the most commonly used professional music tools with the convenience of wearable technology, bringing you a vibrating metronome, magnetic twist tuner, decibel meter, and a watch all in one device. It’s the tool that helps musicians put the focus back on what really matters; making music. The Core behaves as an essential accessory to musicians of all levels, accompanying them through every practice and performance.
● Vibrating Metronome - The vibrating metronome allows musicians to actually feel the beat, replacing the intrusive audible “click” with vibrations 7x stronger than the average smartwatch. It can be used stand-alone or in synchronization with up to 10 devices worn by other musicians to keep the entire band in sync. The vibrating metronome functionality is based on Soundbrenner’s first product, the Pulse, which has sold more than 50,000 times and is now available in music in stores in over 40 countries.
● Magnetic Contact Tuner - The Soundbrenner Core twists off from its base and magnetically attaches to any guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, or violin. Thanks to its built-in piezo contact microphone, the Soundbrenner Core is capable of detecting micro-vibrations from the strings and provide accurate tuning, even in the noisiest environments. The signature Soundbrenner LED ring serves as a guide that uses color indicators to help the musician tune to the right note.
● Decibel Meter – With the goal to minimize the risk of hearing impairment that musicians are exposed to, the Soundbrenner Core introduces a decibel meter that’s always with you. It monitors the surrounding volume levels and alerts the user when they are exposed to levels that can become potentially harmful.
● Smartwatch – The device also serves as an everyday smartwatch. It is capable of receiving push and call notifications from a user’s iOS or Android smartphone.
● Body: Assembly of polycarbonate & aluminium or stainless steel with IP66 water and dust protection.
● Diameter: 45.5mm.
● Rig: Magnetic rig that holds the Soundbrenner Core firmly in place and allows removal via a simple twist.
● Screen: 2x 0.68″ OLED displays, covered with protective mineral glass.
● Motor: Advanced high-quality eccentric rotating mass (ERM) vibration motor, rated 7G.
● Microphones: Piezo contact microphone for tuning, MEMs digital microphone for decibel levels.
● Battery Life: Up to 3 day usage with 30 minutes of daily play time of the vibrating metronome.
● Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 for iOS and Android, backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and above.
● Straps: Interchangeable straps made from silicone, woven nylon or premium Italian leather available.
Pricing and Availability
The Soundbrenner Core is available for pre-order on Indemand by Indiegogo at early access prices and will become available for direct orders in May 2019
Soundbrenner is a high-growth music technology startup from Berlin and Hong Kong, founded by two entrepreneurial musicians in 2014. Soundbrenner’s mission is to bring great design and advanced technology to every musician on the planet, by combining wearable music tools with great software. This ecosystem is designed to be used every single time music is made anywhere. To date, Soundbrenner sold and shipped over 60,000 wearables, which are available in music stores in over 40 countries. Soundbrenner’s apps were downloaded over 2.2 million times and are currently used by over 400,000 musicians every month.