Today’s selection of Americanafest musicians to check out are an eclectic and talented group of individuals. Check them out!
- Maria Muldaur – Country Music Hall of Fame – September 12 @ 1:30pm – The Grammy 2019 nominated for her”Don’t You Feel My Leg: The Naughty Bawdy Blues of Blue Lu Barker,” Maria Muldaur, has also received the Trailblazer Award at this year’s Americana’s Honors and Award Show. She will be a part of the “Turning the Tables” performance and conversation series with Carlene Carter, Shawn Colvin and Amythyst Kiah. Moderated by Ann Powers from NPR.
- Rosie Flores – American Legion Hall Post 82 – September 12 @ 5:15pm – Flores has her new album, Simple Case of the Blues, released earlier this year, and will perform at The Palomino Club Rides Again: 70th Anniversary with James Intveld, Jim Lauderdale and others.
- Yola – City Winery – September 12 @ 11:30pm – This leading lady called the “queen of country-soul,” has survived homelessness and heartbreak to come out thriving with an incredible story to tell. She’s previously performed with Adele and Massive Attack, and gained the attention of The Black Key’s Dan Auerbach when she decided to release her solo EP (Auerbach produced her acclaimed debut, Walk Through Fire, released earlier this year).
- Molly Tuttle -City Winery – September 12 – 9:30pm This critically loved and praised musician has just released her debut album, When You’re Ready, with her music focusing on clarity and the like. She’ll perform at several performances during Americanafest, so try to check her out, as you’ll be in for a treat with her polished performance.
- Beth Nielsen Chapman – Bluebird Cafe – Songwriters in the Round – September 12 6pm – Chapman has been a heralded and popular singer-songwriter for many years, writing hit singles for popular female musicians Faith Hill, Trisha Yearwood, Tanya Tucker and Mary Chapin Carpenter, to name but a few. She’ll join Grant Lee Phillips, Paul Burch and Erin Enderlin for an intimate night of music. *Open to conference registrants or $10 at the door.
For more performances to check out and all things Americana, keep up to date here.