HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (January 26, 2022)—With 16 million new players in the last two years in America alone, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) continues to grow its portfolio of products to serve the influx of beginners, delivering innovative tools to its loyal community of avid guitarists across genres. Known for relentless, artist-driven guitar innovation and craftsmanship, Fender® guitars and basses continue to be the gold standard played by more artists and professional musicians on stages and in studios around the world. While today’s artists and stars shred on stage and explore sonic creativity in sessions, the next generation of creators is just beginning their musical journey and Fender has developed the perfect tools to support their success.
Fender today reveals a Spring/Summer 2022 product lineup catering to eager new players, as well as collectors and tone aficionados. These product transformations continue Fender’s mission to serve artists and players at every stage of their musical journey with industry-elevating innovation and craftsmanship. From stage-ready takes on classics to the perfect companion Squier® guitar for beginners, new additions span several product categories – from electrics and acoustics to amplifiers, pedals and other accessories.
“In 2022, we are continuing to elevate our support plan for dealers to meet this surging musical demand. As a result, we’re introducing new products spanning entry-level gear to innovative models primed for dedicated players who are just starting their musical journey to those ready to take it to the next level,” said Tammy Van Donk, EVP FMIC Sales. “This is our third year providing the online experience which continues to be a strong platform to educate and support our network of dealers. We remain optimistic about the future and growth of our industry.”
“The definition of what guitar music sounds like continues to expand and diversify,” added Justin Norvell, Executive Vice President, Product at Fender. “Guitar continues to be a pivotal force in popular music within a multitude of genres. Our products in 2022 not only cater to the diverse players and sonic tastes but also to new players, who are looking for instruments that are easy to play. From 60th-anniversary Jaguar® collectible models and a new family of pedals for tone aficionados to 40th-anniversary Squier® models and Paramount® Series acoustic guitars and bluegrass instruments for new players and folk enthusiasts, there’s something new for everyone.”
2022 NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
JV Modified Series
The JV Modified Series combines classic aesthetics with modern playability to suit the needs of today’s guitarist. Taking cues from the now highly sought-after “Japanese Vintage” reissues from the early ‘80s. For the player seeking classic Fender® instruments with a twist, the JV Modified Series delivers a unique combination of vintage Fender with modern playability.
JV Modified ‘50s Stratocaster® HSS guitar ($1,329.99 USD, £1,299.00 GBP, € 1,499.00 EUR, $2599.00 AUD, ¥162,800 JPY) The ‘50s Stratocaster® HSS has a resonant basswood body and features a pair of vintage-voiced single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions and a powerful humbucking pickup in the bridge position. A push-pull pot on Tone 2 splits the humbucking pickup for sparkling single-coil sounds, making this Strat extremely versatile. The soft “V”-shaped maple neck has a silky-smooth satin finish and the 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and medium jumbo frets provide effortless playability.
JV Modified ‘60s Stratocaster® guitar ($1,299.99 USD, £1,249.00 GBP, €1,449.00 EUR, $2499.00 AUD, ¥162,800 JPY) The ’60s Stratocaster® has a resonant basswood body and is loaded with a set of three touch-sensitive vintage-style single-coil pickups for unmistakable Fender tone. A push-pull pot on Tone 2 adds the neck pickup for even more tonal possibilities. The Soft “V”-shaped maple neck has a silky-smooth satin finish and the 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and medium jumbo frets provide effortless playability.
JV Modified ‘60s Custom Telecaster® guitar ($1,349.99 USD, £1,299.00 GBP, €1,499.00 EUR, $2599.00 AUD, ¥162,800 JPY) The ’60s Custom Telecaster® has a resonant basswood body and is double bound for a touch of elegance. Its dual single-coil pickups are voiced to deliver classic Tele® tone. A 4-way switch allows players to quickly select each pickup individually or both pickups in either series or parallel wiring. A push-pull pot on the tone control allows players to flip the pickups in and out of phase in switch positions 2 and 4. The soft “V”-shaped maple neck has a silky-smooth satin finish and plays effortlessly thanks to the 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and medium jumbo frets.
JV Modified ‘50s Telecaster® guitar ($1,299.99 USD, £1,249.00 GBP, €1,449.00 EUR, $2499.00 AUD, ¥162,800 JPY) The ‘50s Telecaster® is equipped with a resonant basswood body and dual single-coil pickups voiced to replicate classic Tele® tone. A 4-way switch allows players to quickly select each pickup individually or both pickups in either series or parallel wiring. A push-pull pot on the tone control allows players to flip the pickups in and out of phase in switch positions 2 and 4. The soft “V”-shaped maple neck has a silky-smooth satin finish and plays effortlessly thanks to the 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and medium jumbo frets.
Limited Edition Collections
60th Anniversary Jaguar® guitar ($2,499.99 USD, £2,499.00 GBP, €2,899.00 EUR, $4899.00 AUD, ¥418,000 JPY) The 60th Anniversary Jaguar® models celebrate the introduction of Fender’s top-of-the-line offset instrument of 1962. The Jaguar® was introduced as Fender’s premium offering and was advertised as a “faster, more comfortable guitar.” The 60th Anniversary Jaguar® is instantly recognizable with its iconic offset-waist body, slinky 24” short scale, elegant bound rosewood fingerboard inlaid with pearloid block position markers and matching painted headstock.
Other era correct details include an alder body with nitrocellulose lacquer finish, lead/rhythm circuit, “F” tuners and Jaguar tremolo system with adjustable string mute. A pair of 60th Anniversary Jaguar® guitar pickups provide a host of inspiring tones, ranging from slashing rhythm sounds to round, warm lead tones. The guitar features an engraved neckplate with a 60th anniversary logo, which is also embroidered on the interior of the included hardshell case. Offered in two vintage-inspired colors, Mystic Dakota Red and Mystic Lake Placid Blue, this model will be available in very limited numbers
60th Anniversary American Ultra Luxe Jaguar® guitar ($2,499.99 USD, £2,499.00 GBP, €2,899.00 EUR, $4899.00 AUD, ¥418,000 JPY)
For players who demand the ultimate in performance and tone, American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses. Celebrating the introduction of Fender’s top-of-the-line offset instrument of ‘62, the 60th Anniversary American Ultra Luxe Jaguar® is a stunning modern take on one of Fender’s most unique high-end models. This Jaguar® features the Ultra Luxe Augmented “D” neck with a 25.5” scale for modern playability. The tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register and ultra-rolled fingerboard edges allow for endless playing comfort. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 22 stainless steel medium-jumbo frets means effortless and accurate soloing, while the Custom Double Tap® humbucking pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities. Sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional, increasing accessibility and comfort. Other features include sealed locking tuning machines, chrome hardware and a TUSQ nut. This state-of-the-art, limited-edition instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
Paramount® Series Acoustic Guitars ($399.99 – $829.99 USD, £339.00 – £649.00 GBP, €399.00 – €749.00 EUR, $899.00-$1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY)
The Paramount® Series Acoustic Guitars, available in Dreadnaught, Orchestra, and Parlour body shapes combine state-of-the-art craftsmanship with vintage-inspired appointments and deliver the best of both worlds. Built with the choice of a solid spruce or solid mahogany top paired with solid mahogany back and sides, the series features an offset X-bracing pattern that has been carefully refined to optimize resonance and tone. All models come loaded with hardshell cases, and Fender & Fishman-designed pickups, including a body-sensing pickup that enhances the soundboard’s vibrations and updated cosmetics such as snowflake-shaped pearloid fingerboard inlays, feathered purfling, rosette, backstrip and a black or tigerstripe pickguard. Available in 3-Color Vintage Sunburst, Natural or Aged Cognac Burst.
- Paramount® PD-220E Dreadnought guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR, $1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) The Paramount® PD-220E Dreadnought comes with a brand-new Fender Fishman-designed Sonitone Plus pickup with soundhole-mounted controls. The PD-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® PO-220E Orchestra guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR, $1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) The Paramount® PO-220E Orchestra comes with a Fender Fishman-designed pickup that amplifies the warm, mid-focused tone of the newly designed orchestra body shape. The PO-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® PS-220E Parlor guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR, $1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) A Fender- and Fishman-designed pickup amplifies the tight, articulate tone of the Paramount® PS-220E Parlor’s newly designed parlor body shape. The PS-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and 14-fret fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® Series PB-180E Banjo ($449.99 USD, £339.00 GBP, €399.00 EUR, $999.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PB-180E Banjo is perfect for the player looking for a traditional styled banjo with functional modern appointments. This model features a mahogany rim and neck with a Remo Fiberskyn head and comes equipped with proprietary Fishman electronics to amplify the sound. Other features include a comfortable neck profile, walnut fingerboard with snowflake inlays, arm rest, genuine bone nut and gig bag.
- Paramount® Series PM-180E Mandolin ($399.99 USD, £339.00 GBP, €399.00 EUR, $899.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PM-180E Mandolin features a spruce top, mahogany “A”- style body and parallel tone bar bracing for a bright, clear tone. It comes equipped with a Fishman pickup ideal for sitting perfectly in the mix with a full band or small acoustic ensemble for those looking to plug in. Other features include a comfortable neck profile, walnut fingerboard with snowflake inlays, open-gear tuners with pearloid buttons, genuine bone nut and gig bag.
- Paramount® Series PR-180E Resonator ($549.99 USD, £549.00 GBP, €599.00 EUR, $1199.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PR-180E Resonator offers excellent versatility for traditional and modern music styles, with exemplary acoustic and amplified tone. The all-mahogany construction creates the perfect sonic balance between warmth and clarity for fingerstyle play, while the spider resonating cone provides superior sustain for the quintessential bluegrass sound. Long-favored by top resonator artists, the PR-180E is equipped with a Fishman Nashville pickup system for the most accurate representation of its natural acoustic voice. Other features include dual F-hole soundholes, a comfortable neck profile, ovangkol fingerboard with snowflake inlays, a genuine bone nut and a hardshell case.
Frontman® 20G Amplifier ($129.99 USD, £109.99 GBP , €129.99 EUR, $289.00 AUD, ¥15,730 JPY) The Frontman® 20G Amplifier brings together familiar Fender cosmetics and “best-in-class” sound quality at a great price point that fits every player’s budget. Featuring a simple intuitive design that all players will immediately understand, it includes a clean channel with a volume and three EQ knobs for sonic flexibility, plus a separate switchable Drive channel with its own volume. It also comes with a 1/8″ auxiliary in to play along with your favorite tunes and a headphone jack for silent practice. The Frontman® also puts out 20 watts into an 8″ Special Design Speaker that delivers great tones when practicing or playing with friends.
Squier® 40th Anniversary Collection ($599.99 USD, £499.00 GBP, €599.00 EUR, $1249.00 AUD, ¥94,600 JPY) celebrates the brand’s Ruby anniversary with two collections of collectible models: Gold Edition and Vintage Edition – each boasting anodized aluminum pickguards, Fender-designed alnico single-coil pickups and vintage-style hardware. Gold Edition features stylish models adorned with eye-catching collections of upscale features and player-friendly refinements for the discerning Squier® fanatic, including gold hardware, gloss finishes and bound Indian laurel fingerboards with pearloid block inlays. Vintage Edition is a soulful tribute with a collection of classic features for the retro-minded Squier® enthusiast. Honoring the heritage of the Squier® catalog and its ancestry, Vintage Edition models include refinements like aged chrome hardware, maple fingerboards with dot inlays and satin finishes with a vintage-tinted neck.
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Telecaster®, Gold Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Stratocaster®, Gold Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Jazzmaster®, Gold Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Precision Bass®, Gold Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Jazz Bass®, Gold Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Telecaster®, Vintage Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Stratocaster®, Vintage Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Jazzmaster®, Vintage Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Precision Bass®, Vintage Edition
- Squier® 40th Anniversary Jazz Bass®, Vintage Edition
Gold Edition models are available in February 2022; Vintage Edition models are available in June 2022. To learn more and for product descriptions of each model, click here. For product images, click here.
Also joining the Squier family is the Classic Vibe Baritone Custom Telecaster® guitar ($499.99 USD, £429.00 GBP, €499.00 EUR, $1049.00 AUD, ¥68,200 JPY) featuring a double-bound body, Fender-designed alnico single coil pickups and a 27” scale length. For product images, click here.
Hammertone™ ($79.99 – $99.99 USD, £69.99 – £84.99 GBP, €79.99 – €99.99 EUR, $199.00-$229.00 AUD, ¥8,800-¥11,000 JPY) The Fender® Hammertone™ line of effects pedals offer an accessible entry to the Fender® Effects family. Designed by in-house tone guru Stan Cotey, these circuits deliver incredible tone in a compact form-factor with high-quality hardware and player-friendly features. Featuring expert-designed analog and digital renditions of classic effects – Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, Reverb and more – these compact pedals deliver gig-worthy tones at an accessible price.
- Hammertone™ Distortion – The Hammertone™ Distortion delivers the legendary distorted tones you need for nearly any style of music. The active 2-band Bass and Treble EQ controls provide modern tone-shaping flexibility.
- Hammertone™ Overdrive – Whether you’re pushing your cranked amp into full-blown distortion or just adding some warmth, grit and character to your clean sound, the Hammertone™ Overdrive is an essential addition to your rig. This compact drive packs a big punch – the pre-gain mid boost adds the perfect edge for cutting through the mix.
- Hammertone™ Delay – Delay changes everything. Subtly sweetened leads, clucky country slap back, surfy swells, rhythmic dotted-eighths and huge ambient washes – it’s been a defining factor in just about every genre of guitar music. The Hammertone™ Delay provides up to 950ms of crisp and clean delays, lush modulation at the flick of a switch and three different delay types.
- Hammertone™ Reverb – The Hammertone™ Reverb delivers three classic reverb effects – Hall, Room and Mod – in a compact stomp that will integrate seamlessly into your rig. Powerful damping control and tone switch offer supreme flexibility, while the Fender-designed on-board reverb tones are perfect for subtle to extreme ambience.
- Hammertone™ Fuzz – The Hammertone™ Fuzz captures the iconic splat, saturation and horn-like sustain used on the formative records of rock’n’roll history. Despite its small size, this purple-tinged, psychedelic stompbox is feature-packed with three classic controls, two silicon diodes and an octave fuzz mode – allowing you to recreate the legendary sounds of the ‘60s and ‘70s or forge your own unique tone.
- Hammertone™ Metal – Aggressive and dynamic distortion can be elusive– with powerful tone-shaping EQ controls, top-mounted in and out jacks and true bypass switching, the Hammertone™ Metal delivers chunky high gain that sits perfectly in a mix and will integrate seamlessly into your rig.
- Hammertone™ Chorus – Glassy, shimmering, and bubbly, the Hammertone™ Chorus is a simple and powerful modulation device designed to deliver pristine choral sweeps.
- Hammertone™ Space Delay – Warm, analog-style saturation and gorgeous ‘tape’ warble combine to make the Hammertone™ Space Delay a perfect companion for any ambience-inclined soundscapist. From subtle and natural repeats to awesomely oscillating waves of tone, the Space Delay delivers everything you need to create your next atmospheric masterpiece.
- Hammertone™ Flanger – The Hammertone™ Flanger delivers dramatic, rushing jet stream waves and subtler, swirling tendrils of modulation.
Paramount® Collection ($29.99-$89.99 USD, £24.99 – £74.99 GBP, €29.99 – €89.99 EUR, $49.00-$159.00 AUD, ¥4,730-¥8,800 JPY)
Designed to complement the state-of-the-art craftsmanship and vintage-inspired appointments found on Fender® Paramount® Series instruments, the Paramount® Collection Straps offer classic style and long-lasting performance. The Paramount® Acoustic Instrument Cable complements the rich and earthy undertones found on traditional folk instruments and is built for premium aesthetic and durability.
Ombré Series Instrument Cables ($34.99 USD, £20.99 GBP, €24.99 EUR, $55.00 AUD, ¥2,860 JPY)
Inspired by the striking, gradient-colored Player Plus guitar finishes, the Original Ombré Cable features ombre cable barrels and pairs perfectly with your favorite new Fender. Sporting quiet and resilient spiral shielding, these cables are engineered to avoid twisting, kinking and any “physical memory.” Available in three gradient color variations – Tequila Sunrise, Belair Blue and Silver Smoke.
Poodle Case, Brown ($199.99 USD, £189.00 GBP, €219.00 EUR, $349.00 AUD, ¥35,200 JPY)
Modeled and modernized after the case that came with the 1954 Stratocaster® guitars, the Strat®/Tele® Poodle Case is constructed with birch plywood and covered in a stunning distressed faux cowhide with gold hardware for classic appeal; this slim profile case can be stored in small spaces when storage space is a concern. A soft crushed acrylic plush interior lining ensures your guitar remains scratch and damage-free while a small accessory compartment offers room for spare strings, picks, tuners—or whatever small items you wish to carry with you.
Fender® Blockchain™ Cable Kits ($59.99-$149.99 USD, £34.99 – £109.99 GBP, €39.99 – €129.99 EUR, $110.00-$259.00 AUD, ¥6,600-¥15,400 JPY)
Fender Blockchain™ cable kits are a one-stop shop for your stompbox needs. The innovative and malleable cubed PVC jacket allows for clean wiring of your pedals on any size board while minimizing signal chain loss and retaining your tone. The low-profile, pancake style connectors are designed to maximize real estate and enhance your pedal board’s curb appeal. Fender® Blockchain cable kits are an ideal solution for your patch cable needs and are selectively sized for your setup.
- Blockchain Patch Cable Kit X-Small
- Blockchain Patch Cable Kit Small
- Blockchain Patch Cable Kit Medium
- Blockchain Patch Cable Kit Large
Timberframe™ Electric Guitar Stand ($99.99 USD, £84.99 GBP, €99.99 EUR, $160.00 AUD, ¥7,150 JPY)
The Fender® Timberframe™ Electric Guitar Stand provides an upscale yet compact solution to showcase your favorite guitar at home or in the studio. Featuring an elegant wood grain finish and securable locking magnets, this display piece is perfect for Strat®, Tele® and Acoustasonic® guitar players and collectors alike.
Straps ($29.99-$59.99 USD, £25.99 – £69.99 GBP, €29.99 – €79.99 EUR, $45.00-$90.00 AUD, ¥2,750-5,500 JPY)
Whether it’s for an on-stage performance or to match your favorite Fender, we’ve got you covered with our colorful collection of straps for all stages. Inspired by its national park namesake, the Zion strap features bold patterns and cozy comfort. Crafted from high-quality leather, the Tie Dye strap showcases a unique tanned hide tie dye application. Also launching this Spring/Summer, the Fender Ombré straps feature a beautiful, faded dip tie dye inspired by the Player Plus line while our seatbelt straps showcase Am Pro II colors on premium nylon seat belt webbing.
- 2″ Zion Strap Purple Aztec
- 2″ Zion Strap Gray Aztec
- 2″ Zion Strap Copper Aztec
- 2″ Zion Strap Black Aztec
- 2″ Zion Strap Red Aztec
- Tie Dye Leather Strap Natural
- Tie Dye Leather Strap Black
- Tie Dye Leather Strap Sage Green
- 2″ Am Pro Seatbelt Strap Olympic White
- 2″ Am Pro Seatbelt Strap Miami Blue
- 2″ Am Pro Seatbelt Strap Dark Night
- 2″ Am Pro Seatbelt Strap Mercury
- 2″ Am Pro Seatbelt Strap Mystic Sfg
- 2″ Ombré Strap Belair Blue
- 2″ Ombré Strap Tequila Sunrise
- 2″ Ombré Strap Silver Smoke
Accessories will be available during Spring/Summer 2022. Additionally, this season we’ll be introducing a breadth of new replacement necks for a Fender® or Squier® by Fender guitar. Crafted at our Ensenada, Mexico manufacturing facility, these genuine Fender Player Series Stratocaster®, Jazzmaster®, Jazz Bass® and Precision Bass® guitar necks feature a comfortable “modern C” profile and 9.5”-radius maple or pau ferro fingerboard with medium jumbo frets. Available for right-hand and left-hand models. Fender will also be introducing Player Series Necks with Reverse Headstock available for Stratocaster® and Telecaster® guitars.
Fender is also eager to introduce American Professional II Stratocaster® Neck replacements. Crafted in the same facility as our U.S.-made instruments, our popular Deep “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges and a “Super-Natural” satin finish that provides a supremely comfortable feel. Other features include a 9.5”-radius maple or rosewood fingerboard, bone nut and 22 narrow- tall frets for easy bending. Lastly, this season we’ll include American Performer Stratocaster® and Telecaster® necks, featuring a comfortable “Modern C” neck profile with a satin urethane finish that gives it a smooth, fast playing feel. A large ‘70’s era headstock adds mass and sustain and 22 jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide expressive bends.