HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. (March 3, 2020)— Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today celebrates the official launch of the newest model in the American Acoustasonic® Series, the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster. Originally previewed at Winter NAMM 2020, this Strat is a continuation of the platform that the Telecaster started, giving players a new set of sonics and the undeniable Strat playing experience. This all-new model is inspired by its sister Telecaster platform but also moves the series forward with creative options in new design and technology. Already being used across many genres by artists – such as Rob “Freaky Rob” Gueringer, Billy Strings, Lindsay Ell, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Molly Tuttle, Brandon Walters, Striking Matches, Naia Izumi, Carmen Vandenberg, Jose Rios, and MIYAVI – Fender showcases what these guitars and remarkable artists can do together.
Building off of the highly successful Acoustasonic Telecaster® released at Winter NAMM 2019, the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster ($1,999.99) features all-new tonewoods and voices with even more electric possibilities. Along with three unique electric voices on the selector switch, the Acoustasonic Stratocaster also adds all-new acoustic options, including short scale and concert body with a slotted headstock. To showcase the differences between the two models, Fender invited two acclaimed guitarists and performers, country music picker Daniel Donato and guitarist, singer and blues-rocker Tyler Bryant, to go head to head in a guitar-playing shootout.
“We are proud to continue expanding our most sonically innovative platform with the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster,” said Billy Martinez, Fender VP Category Manager, Acoustic Division. “Following in the footsteps of what Fender accomplished over 70 years ago, it was a natural and authentic progression for us to start with the Telecaster model and then offer a Stratocaster counterpart with its own unique voices. We can’t wait to see what musicians, both Strat enthusiasts and acoustic fans, will achieve in their creative process with this new range of voices the Acoustasonic Stratocaster unlocks.”
Designed with a fully hollow body and Fender’s patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS), the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster offers a new sonic experience that is naturally loud and resonant both on and off stage. This hybrid guitar features an Acoustasonic Noiseless™ magnetic pickup that delivers a unique set of Stratocaster-inspired voicings and hum-free Fender electric tone, that can be played solo or blended with an acoustic voice to create new sounds. The Fender and Fishman®-designed Acoustic Engine powers the Acoustasonic Stratocaster and provides a new body style and tone wood combinations that enable musicians to curate an all-new collection of acoustic and electric voices. This contemporary guitar also features a mahogany Stratocaster neck with an ebony fingerboard and thinline body that makes it both comfortable and easy to play.
“We’ve removed the obstacles associated with playing an acoustic guitar, giving players those same sounds with an electric neck and comfortable thin line acoustic body – all in a familiar Strat body shape,” Martinez added. “At the same time, this guitar still gives you all the tonal options you would get in a Dreadnought, concert or auditorium acoustic guitar.”
- Acoustic Body
- The fully hollow Stratocaster-inspired body is naturally loud and resonant with plenty of projection, meaning the guitar sounds as great on your lap as it does live on stage.
- Acoustasonic Enhancer
- Installed under the bridge, the Acoustasonic Enhancer listens exclusively to the soundboard to support more percussive playing styles.
- Acoustasonic Enhancer
- Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless
- Designed for authentic hum-free Fender electric tone, this magnetic pickup can be played solo or blended with an acoustic voice to create new sounds.
- Body Contours
- For comfort and the ultimate Stratocaster experience, the newest addition to the Acoustasonic Series features an integrated forearm contour and Fender’s signature Strat belly cut.
- Fishman Under-Saddle Transducer
- The acoustic tone begins with Fishman’s highly-acclaimed Matrix Narrow pickup.
- Stringed Instrument Resonance System
- SIRS controls airflow to deliver a naturally loud, resonant voice with lively harmonics. That means the guitar sounds as great on your lap as it does live on stage.
- New Voicings
- The Fender and Fishman®-designed Acoustic Engine powers the Acoustasonic Stratocaster, offering a unique set of acoustic voices plus Strat-inspired electric lead and rhythm tones.