KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN; APRIL 8, 2021 – Heritage Custom Shop (heritageguitars.com) is proud to announce that the Core Collection H-150 Artisan Aged is now shipping globally.
Heritage Custom Shop represents the highest level of American craftsmanship and innovation – founding principles that have defined Heritage Guitars since the company started making musical instruments at 225 Parsons Street, Kalamazoo in 1985. Heritage Custom Shop Artisan Aged guitars are a tribute to instruments that have been played for years. Artfully aged by master artisans, the Core Collection H-150 Artisan Aged embodies the look, feel and character of a well-loved vintage guitar paired with all the features and playability of a modern instrument. From the intricate checking to the worn hardware, the Artisan Aged treatment is done entirely by hand using proprietary techniques, resulting in a beautifully aged finish that’s truly authentic.
“Artisan Aged was first introduced in 2019 on our Standard Collection models for a limited time and the guitars were incredibly well received,” said Edwin Wilson, Head of R&D. “The way we carry out our Artisan Aged treatment at the Heritage Custom Shop is painstaking and unique to every single guitar. Everything is done by hand. We ensure every checking detail or wear mark appears as accurate as possible, not at random. It is an art.”
As part of the launch, Heritage Custom Shop invited Arianna Powell (video here), Jamey Arent (video here) and Lineu Andrade (video here) to trial the guitars and experience the quality and tone for themselves.
Key features of the Heritage Custom Core Collection H-150 Artisan Aged include:
- Finest curly maple top and ultra-lightweight genuine mahogany back. Guitar weight guaranteed to be no more than 8.5lbs, unless otherwise specified or specially selected by our dealers
- Nitrocellulose, vintage gloss finish with Artisan Aged treatment
- Fitted with proprietary Heritage Custom Shop 225 Classic Humbuckers. Designed and wound in-house, these vintage-inspired pickups are custom-voiced for the Heritage Custom Core Collection H-150
- Best possible playability thanks to the top carve, 17-degree headstock and 4.5-degree neck angle
- The headstock has a holly veneer, featuring the ‘Heritage’ logo and Twin Arrow inlay
- Other features include a ’50s C-shaped neck profile, proprietary tuners laser-etched with the ‘Heritage’ logo, and a locking bridge with an aluminum stop bar tailpiece
- Ships in a newly-designed hardshell case, with a certificate of authenticity and case candy included
- Hi-res images showing these features can be found here