Maddie & Tae release their new album, Through The Madness Vol. 1, on Friday (January 28th). The duo co-penned each song on Through The Madness Vol. 1, leading with heart-wide-open vulnerability, exuding familiarity and truth. The project follows their critically acclaimed No. 1 debuting The Way It Feels album.
The duo took the title of their new project from the song “Madness,” and it totally fit with what we’ve all been through and what we’re still going through now.
“So, the title of this project came very last minute, which is the same exact thing that happened with Start Here and The Way It Feels. Through The Madness is a lyric from our song, ‘Madness,’ and we wrote this whole project through the madness of the world, through the madness of 2020,” says Maddie Font. “And I feel like ‘Madness’ sounds like it’s not hopeful song, but it is, and both of these projects are very hopeful, and we really wanted to represent that no matter how crazy the world gets or how crazy life gets, through the madness you always make it through. So, that’s how the title came to be.”
Through The Madness Vol. 1 Track List:
- What It’s Like Loving You (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Josh Kerr, Jordan Minton)
2. Woman You Got (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Mark Holman, Laura Veltz)
3. Don’t Make Her Look Dumb (Feat. Morgane Stapleton) (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Barry Dean, Luke Laird)
4. Grown Man Cry (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Eric Arjes, Jordan Minton)
5. Madness (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Jessie Jo Dillon, Zach Kale)
6. The Other Side (Feat. Lori McKenna) (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Josh Kerr, Lori McKenna)
7. Wish You The Best (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)*
8. Strangers (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Adam Hambrick, Jimmy Robbins)
Produced by Jimmy Robbins & Derek Wells
* = “Wish You The Best” produced by Josh Kerr & Derek Wells