Dropper is the brain/lovechild of Andrea Scanniello, a multi-instrumentalist who performs with the likes of Shannon Shaw of Shannon & The Clams, Saara Untracht-Oakner (Boytoy, SUO), and more. Their debut album, Don’t Talk to Me, was written by Scanniello behind the desk of a bowling alley where she sprayed sweaty bowling shoes in exchange for a little bit of money and quite a bit of beer. Don’t Talk to Me was produced by Andrija Tokic at Nashville’s renowned Bomb Shelter studio and mastered by engineer Heba Kadry. It’s out on Feb. 11, 2022 on the band’s own Dirt Dog label.
Joined by long-time collaborators Jono Bernstein, Yukary Morishima and Larry Scanniello, Dropper creates music for:
- People who have worked in the service industry too long and become curmudgeons at the ripe old age of 26.
- People who are lonely yet want to be left alone
- People who drink because they are sad but also sad because they drink
- Bisexuals with crumbs in their bed
- Optimistic pessimists
- Those with seasonal allergies
- But overwhelmingly for people who, in lieu of being crushed by the eternal weight of existence, choose to scream internally with a smile upon their face.
Instead of labeling Dropper with a genre, we recommend taking a listen and deciding for yourself.
Press photo by Cirsty Burton.
11/18 – Cleveland, OH – The Beachland Ballroom
11/19 – Chicago, IL – Hideout
11/20 – Milwaukee, WI – Cactus Club
11/21 – Detroit, MI – The UFO Factory
All shows w/ Habibi
Don’t Talk To Me
Release Date: Feb. 11, 2022
[click here to pre-order]
1. Two Dollar Beer
2. Don’t Worry
6. Drive Thru Jesus
7. Ok Ok Ok
8. Waste of Time