Held in Nashville, Tennessee, the annual music event, Americanafest, begins today. Americanafest begins on September 10 through September 15, and features a variety of established and new musicians, including industry professionals and fans. The genres of music featured are roots, folk, country, blues and soul. Kicking off the event today includes a four-song performance by Waylon Payne with casual conversation featuring host, music journalist, Kelly McCartney. BMI is also having their kickoff party featuring music, food, and craft cocktails from George Dickel Tennessee Whisky. In addition to all of the excitement, included in this week’s many Americanafest activities is the Americana Honors & Awards, held at the historic Ryman Auditorium on Wednesday, September 11. There will also be special interviews with Sheryl Crow and Tanya Tucker.
Rounding out today is Sounds Australia at the Bluebird Cafe, Nashville’s iconic venue, with talent performing from all across Australia. The Americana Honors & Awards Pre-Party takes place with Jerry Pentecost and Friends, featuring a variety of special guests.
With all of the excitement, and numerous performers from all over the country, we have gathered a list of some of the top female artists performing at Americanafest that you should check. Find them below:
1. Erin Rae – MercyLounge, September 10 @ 8pm – Rae fuses a variety of musical genres to create her unique sound and does so with impeccable taste that her peers have praised her live performance, included John Paul White (who’s label she’s signed to), Nicole Atkins and St. Paul & the Broken Bones. Her most recent album is the recently released Putting on Airs.
2. Jamie Lin Wilson – ACME Feed & Seed September 10 @ 7pm – Using grace and humor in her music, Wilson personifies intimate conversations into her songs, and does so with poise and unrestrained dedication. Her upcoming record, Jumping Over Rocks, which is her second full-length solo album.
3. Alexa Rose – TRUE Music Room at Cambria @ 7pm – Rose creates and performs her own original melodies with such conviction, her lyrics and music weigh on one’s heartstrings. She can go from haunting ballad to rock n’ roll, and her voice is much the same, from singing with depth to yodeling.
4. Alice Wallace – TRUE Music Room at Cambria @ 8pm – Wallace uses the landscape of her home state California’s canyons, deserts and oceans as a backdrop to her subtle yet convicting music. The singer-songwriter displays her entrancing voice and lyrics on her latest gem of an album, Into the Blue.
5. Anna Tivel – High Watt September 10 @ 9:30pm – This Portland-based singer-songwriter and musician creates dreamy layers with her music, noting the flaws and struggle of the average human. She recently released her fourth solo LP, The Question, featuring her critically heralded single, “Small Believer.”
Keep up with all things Americanafest here.