This month’s review is on the classic Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 which has been reissued by Ibanez. I actually have an original, love the bright green color…I think everyone remembers the color! The reissue looks the same, still Kermit the Frog green.
This pedal is very user friendly which makes it a great first pedal also. There are three knobs: drive, tone and level. The level controls the total output. It is perfect for getting that classic rock tone or gain. However, I don’t think it is great for metal, but it’s perfect for rock.
I think it sounds best with a tube amp and it is pretty tough! Great for rock, great used with an amp’s clean channel, and great as a boost for extra gain. Good deal for a pedal and it is pretty cute!
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer Reissue Distortion/Overdrive Pedal Features at a Glance:
- Classic stompbox distortion and overdrive effect
- Made in the same factory and with the same parts as the original TS9
- Input impedance: 500 Kohms
- Output impedance: 10 Kohms
- Maximum Output: Level 0dBm
- Maximum Gain: + 30dB
- Equivaient Input Noise: -100dBm (IHF-A)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or external 9V AC adapter
- Dimensions: 4.9″ x 3″ x 2″
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
Retails for $99.99.
~ Katrina Johannson