This week sees Cakewalk by BandLab at the 145th International Pro Audio Convention run by the AES (Audio Engineering Society) in New York, with the team showcasing the latest updates including integrated élastique Pro time and pitch stretching as well as AudioSnap enhancements. This is Cakewalk’s first official outing since BandLab Technologies acquired Cakewalk in February 2018 and subsequently released the legendary DAW for free to the global community.
Fueled by over 30 years in the relentless pursuit of innovation, Cakewalk by BandLab continues to set standards for the modern recording studio. With powerful features like sophisticated audio routing, pristine audio quality with a 64 bit Mix engine, console emulation, plug-in load balancing, Mix Recall, advanced comping and take management, customizable SkyLight™ user interface, integrated pen, touch and Surface dial support and more, Cakewalk by BandLab innovates beyond the highly rated SONAR Platinum DAW.
While staying focused on stability, with Cakewalk by BandLab we’re now taking this to the next level, with advanced audio processing, integrated collaboration tools and cutting edge features. With over a hundred bug fixes and usability improvements, users are reporting this to be the most stable version they have used. We’ve added over 35 new features to Cakewalk this year, including:
- Integrated industry standard élastique Pro time/pitch stretching
- AudioSnap enhancements
- Advanced multi-track piano-roll MIDI editing and event filtering
- VST compatibility improvements and optimizations
- Updated UI themes
- Dante driver improvements
- Improved contextual help and toast notifications
A Bright Future
With key Cakewalk developers and staff brought on board by BandLab, including CTO Noel Borthwick, the future of Cakewalk by BandLab is bright. BandLab is committed to continually evolving and enhancing the user experience with innovative next-generation tools. Join the movement at www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk.
What our users have to say: The Future is Bright
- Under BandLab’s stewardship, Cakewalk has made astonishing advances in stability and speed in a very short time. The development team have made great use of the freedom allowed by the new freeware licensing model, where focus can shift from attracting more paying licensees to pure user experience. They have addressed long-deferred bugs and implemented long-requested ‘smaller’ features that together add up to a more robust, faster, friendlier DAW.
- Not only did BandLab “rescue” SONAR, they’ve improved it – stability, fixes and enhancements.
- Cakewalk has been my go to sequencer and DAW since 1993 it goes from strength to strength from owner to owner, the future is brighter now with BandLab than at any time in its history.
- I’ve been a recording artist and producer for much of the last 30 years and most of it has involved Cakewalk products in some way. In that time I’ve produced dozens of internationally released albums, film soundtracks, live concerts and more. Currently, Cakewalk by Bandlab is the centrepiece of my workflow, building and expanding on the legacy of past products. I truly believe this is a golden age of development for the product, not only with new features continually being added but with the agile response and forward thinking of the dev team keeping on top of any issues immediately, and making smart choices for the future.
- This is absolutely groundbreaking in terms of what the end user has access to, will have access to, and for affordability. I can imagine BandLab growing the Cakewalk brand into something very special again
- BIG thank you to all at BandLab for one of the smoothest moves ever. In less than 2 hours, all was downloaded, tweaked n twisted, working perfectly on my mobile recording laptop. Not in a million years would I have dreamed this would be the outcome for SONAR users. Hat’s off…BandLab just set a whole ‘nuther standard.