Atlanta-based roots rock ‘n’ soul band, Larkin Poe, comprised of sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell, are descendants of Edgar Allen Poe and were born to rock! Both classically trained and pulling influence from legendary rock icons likes Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd, Rebecca leads on guitar, mandolin, as well as violin, while Megan harmonizes on slide guitar, lapsteel, as well as dobro.
The ladies previously opened and performed as the backing band for Conor Oberst and Kristian Bush of Sugarland in addition to Elvis Costello who praises that “they have a head start on the rest of us with the unique power and beauty of sibling harmony.”
When we asked about the making of their recently released official music video for “Stubborn Love,” Larkin Poe told us: “‘Stubborn Love’ is our love song to each other as sisters. We wrote it together on a “difficult sibling day” (translation: fighting like cats and dogs) so it came out of a bit of a therapy session. Real life. We feel it’s a song that anyone in a relationship – sibling or otherwise – can understand. It’s the worst, it’s the best!”
Larkin Poe’s Official Music Video for “Stubborn Love”
* Officially released KIN on October 14th, 2014 via RH Music.
* KIN hit #24 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart.
* Huffington Post labeled KIN as One of the Top 10 Albums of 2014.
* To perform at Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea II.
* Previously featured on NPR, NYLON, PASTE Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, AXS, Guitar World, Music Connection and many more!