The 10th annual ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO was a remarkable experience for everyone involved. The panels and speakers were inspiring, entertaining and loaded with valuable information. We wish every single music creator could join us for the EXPO, and take advantage of its unique experience.
If you couldn’t be with us in LA, we are again offering you the ability to watch the EXPO at home! All of the EXPO panels – over 40 panels, which is nearly 60 hours of content – are available to stream online. By purchasing EXPO Video Access, you will get to view the panels at your leisure from any computer, iPad, tablet or mobile device. Videos will be available through at least the end of 2015.
Learn from the biggest names in music; great advice, tools, wisdom and keys to success are found throughout all of these excellent videos. Every genre and topic in music is covered at the EXPO. The EXPO Videos are a great investment in the advancement of your career in music. We know you’ll be joining us next year along with the over 2,000 music creators, but in the meantime watch the 2015 ASCAP EXPO content
NOTE: Nearly all of the panel videos are available currently. The page will continually be updated as they are available for viewing.
If you went to the ASCAP EXPO, which included Video Access with registration, and want to watch the panels just go here and enter your EXPO registration number to begin watching.
The ASCAP EXPO Video Access Includes:
Keynotes and Conversations
- Who He Is (and What is He is To You): “I Create Music” Interview with Bill Withers; Interviewed by Aloe Blacc
- “We Create Music” with Claudia Brant, Tody Gad, Deborah Lurie, Richard Marx and No I.D.
- Washington D©: How New Laws and Copyright Changes Will Impact Music Creators with ASCAP President Paul Williams, Congressman Doug Collins, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries and Songwriter/Artist Aloe Blacc
- Master Session with Richard Bellis: Creativity on a Deadline
- Master Session with Claudia Brant: Anatomy Of A Great Song
- Master Session with Douglas Cuomo: Musician’s Survival Toolkit
- Master Session with Da Internz: Write Ya Life, An Interactive Session
- Master Session with Savan Kotecha: The Economics and Anatomy of a Hit Songwriter
- Master Session with Richard Marx: Right Here Waiting
- Master Session with Ingrid Michaelson: The Way I Am
- Master Session with Mike Reid: From the Gridiron to the GRAMMYs
- Hit Songwriters: In It to Win It with Kevin Kadish, Greg Kurstin, William Larsen, Jesse Shatkin and Sevyn Streeter
- Live Multi-Genre Song Feedback Workshop Series with Darrell Brown
- Rock Songwriters on the Move with John Feldmann, Chris Lorde-Alge and Deryck Whibley (Sum 41)
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting
- Trading Places: Composers Working As Songwriters (and Vice-Versa) with Jared Gutstadt, Daniel Heath, Brandon Jay, Shawn Patterson and Nick Thorburn
- Jack of All Scores: Versatility in TV Composing and Feedback with Roger Neill, Craig Marks, Joey Newman, Elvin Ross and Jonathan Sadoff
- Straight Talk and Feedback from Country Music Pros
- R&B/Hip-Hop Feedback
- Pop/Rock Feedback
- Women Behind the Music with Goapele, Erica Grayson, Faith Newman, Santigold and Sevyn Streeter
- The Music Supervisor’s Mission
- Higher Calling: Growing a Career in Gospel Music with Maurette Brown Clark, LaShawn Daniels, Janice Gaines, William McDowell and Jonathan McReynolds
- On the Come Up: Mama We Made It
- Know Your Placement: Music Publishing in Film, TV and Beyond
- Making the Most of Your ASCAP Membership
- Managing Your Online Presence (Presented by Squarespace)
- Strike Up the Brand: How to Boost Your Music Career with Partners and Sponsors (Presented by Billboard)
- Website Demolition Derby (Presented by Bandzoogle)
- Mastering Workshop: Simple Steps to Radio Ready (Presented by iZotope)
- Shaping Ideas and Producing (Presented by Native Instruments)
- The Instrumentalist-Producer’s Guide to Finishing Music (Presented by Ableton)
- Nuts & Bolts of the Music Business with Donald Passman, Esq.
- The Visual Streams: Making Money With Your Music on YouTube and Beyond (Presented by AdRev & Killer Tracks)
- Show Me The Money: Creating your DIY Monetization Strategy (Presented by CD Baby)
- Creative Cohorts: How a Writer-Publisher Team Works Together
- Adoption vs. Babysitting: How to Choose Between a Music Publishing and Admin Deal (Presented by Lommen Abdo)
- Building Your Team
- The Writers Jam with Andrew Bird, Aloe Blacc, Ashley Gorley and Andrea Martin
- “I Create Music” Center Stage with Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon), Hanson, Mike Reid and Valerie Simpson
- ASCAP EXPO Attendee Showcase (Presented by Eventbrite)