The acoustic video for Blackberry Smoke’s new song “Let Me Down Easy” featuring Amanda Shires is premiering today. Filmed at Southern Ground Studios in Nashville, TN, the video originally debuted at The Independent, who calls it “stunning.”
“Let Me Down Easy” is one of the latest songs unveiled from Blackberry Smoke’s highly anticipated new album, Find A Light, which will be released this Friday, April 6 and is now available for pre-order. Listen to previously released tracks here: “Flesh And Bone,” “Best Seat In The House,” and “I’ll Keep Ramblin’” featuring Robert Randolph.
Already receiving widespread acclaim, the album’s lead track, “Flesh And Bone,” recently premiered at Rolling Stone, who praises, “…sees Blackberry Smoke in full-on swagger—as well they should be. Starr and co. are riding a hot streak…A gritty stomper, ‘Flesh And Bone’ crunches like an early Nineties grunge song, but tweaked with Georgia twang that’s become a Blackberry Smoke signature.” Additionally, Guitar World declares, “‘Flesh And Bone’ is a greasy, stomping, slide-guitar-packed tune with a IV section that recalls mid-period Led Zeppelin.”
Self-produced by the acclaimed 5-piece band, Find A Light is Blackberry Smoke’s sixth full-length studio album and features 13 new songs written/co-written by lead-singer and guitarist Charlie Starr. In addition to Starr and band-members Richard Turner (bass, vocals), Brit Turner (drums), Paul Jackson (guitar, vocals), and Brandon Still (keyboards), the album also features special guests Robert Randolph (“I’ll Keep Ramblin’”), Amanda Shires (“Let Me Down Easy”) and The Wood Brothers (“Mother Mountain”).
Of the album, Starr comments, “The new album is a melting pot of Blackberry Smoke music with a wide range of sound and emotion. I think it’s our most inspired work yet.”
In celebration of the new album, the band—who have been called “country-rock’s most ferocious live band” by Rolling Stone—will tour throughout 2018 including stops at Charlotte’s The Fillmore, Boston’s House of Blues, Raleigh’s The Ritz and Rochester’s Anthology as well as a series of dates with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Tickets are on-sale now. See below for complete details.
The release of Find A Light culminates a series of breakthrough years for the Atlanta-based band following the release of 2016’s acclaimed album, Like An Arrow, which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Country and Americana charts. Released to widespread praise, the Boston Globe declared, “…the needle can be dropped on Like an Arrow until its grooves become as well-worn as the classic albums that inspired this band of country-rock workhorses,” while American Songwriter asserted, “…Blackberry Smoke fills the bill for the next generation of gutsy, heartfelt and honest Southeast rocking with plenty of talent, tons of drive and no apologies.” In August 2017, they made their debut on CBS’ “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”
In addition to their work as musicians, Blackberry Smoke remains committed to charitable work and has raised nearly $200,000 benefiting children’s cancer research.
photo credit: David McClister
FIND A LIGHT TRACK LIST:
- Flesh And Bone (written by Charlie Starr)
2. Run Away From It All (written by Charlie Starr, Keith Nelson)
3. The Crooked Kind (written by Charlie Starr)
4. Medicate My Mind (written by Charlie Starr, Travis Meadows)
5. I’ve Got This Song (written by Charlie Starr)
6. Best Seat In The House (written by Charlie Starr, Keith Nelson)
7. I’ll Keep Ramblin’ feat. Robert Randolph (written by Charlie Starr, Robert Randolph)
8. Seems So Far (written by Charlie Starr, Travis Meadows)
9. Lord Strike Me Dead (written by Charlie Starr)
10. Let Me Down Easy feat. Amanda Shires (written by Charlie Starr, Keith Nelson)
11. Nobody Gives A Damn (written by Charlie Starr, Keith Nelson)
12. Till The Wheels Fall Off (written by Charlie Starr)
13. Mother Mountain feat. The Wood Bros (written by Charlie Starr)