Today, Guitar.com has revealed the full program and line-up for Guitar.com Live – and it’s stacked with some of the best and brightest names in the guitar world. The free three-day virtual guitar show, held in just a week’s time from 2-4 October 2020, will play host to dozens of Grammy winners, industry giants, up-and-coming musicians, guitar influencers and boutique builders from six continents.
This is a first in world for the guitar industry – which has never seen a virtual event of this magnitude. The likes of Paul Reed Smith, Joe Bonamassa, St Vincent, Taylor Guitars and Carlos Santana will share their expertise in over 15 workshops and masterclasses, 20 interviews and panels, and 15 performances – and it’ll all come together in a jaw-dropping interactive virtual experience.
Guitar.com Editor in Chief Chris Vinnicombe says “We’re proud to be presenting an unrivalled array of performances, masterclasses, jam sessions, panel discussions, workshops and immersive VR exhibits in a guitar show like nothing the world has ever seen before. And the best news of all? It’s completely free to attend.
“In a diverse line-up of artists from six different continents, Grammy winners such as St. Vincent and Jason Isbell will rub shoulders with some of the hottest emerging artists and most popular YouTube influencers on the planet. There will also be unique opportunities to learn about what makes a great guitar tick from legendary industry figures such as Paul Reed Smith, get up close and personal with some of the highlights of Joe Bonamassa’s guitar collection, and find out what our experts think the future holds for the guitar. From Mateus Asato to IDLES, Kirk Fletcher and Vanessa Wheeler, there truly is something for every guitar fan in a programme that’s been a labour of love for us to compile.”
“It’s been a challenging year for all of us, but especially so for the thousands of musicians who rely on live performances to make ends meet. We hope Guitar.com Live will unite the global guitar community under one virtual roof and be the most talked-about guitar event of 2020,” says Vinnicombe.
Read on for more information about the event, full artist lineup, program highlights and full program listings.
About the event
Guitar.com Live will be held across three virtual spaces:
- The Main Stage, with artist performances, masterclasses and video podcasts
- The Lounge, with industry discussions, gear reviews and interviews
- The Showcase, a bespoke virtual showroom where brands will launch products and host Q&As
- Fender, Ernie Ball Music Man, PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Harmony Guitars and MONO will show brand-new products from the virtual show floor.
Register now for exclusive updates for Guitar.com Live, here!
Artists on the bill
Joe Bonamassa, St Vincent, Jason Isbell, Mark Tremonti, John Petrucci, Carlos Santana, Marty Friedman, Mateus Asato, Free Nationals, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tyler Bryant, John McLaughlin, Ariel Posen, Mark Lettieri, Isaiah Sharkey, Holly Humberstone, Plini, Justus West, Vernon Reid, Kirk Fletcher, Daniel Donato, Jared James Nichols, Steve Morse, AJ Ghent, Zane Carney, Lee from IDLES, NORA, Vanessa Wheeler, CLEWS and more… Full line up below.
Learn from the best
Attendees will have a chance to learn from the luminaries of the guitar building world, who will be teaching their craft – including Paul Reed Smith, Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Carlos Lopez and Heritage Guitar’s masterbuilder Pete Farmer.
Catch the best artists on the virtual stage
All three days will end with a showcase of talent. Program highlights include
- Free Nationals:The guitarist and keyboardist of Anderson .Paak’s backing band – Jose Rios and Ron Tnava Avant – will demonstrate their musical chemistry in an exclusive, intimate set
- Isaiah Sharkey: The jazz-fusion virtuoso, Grammy winner and John Mayer sideman will show off his wonderfully fluid guitar style in an at-home performance
- Tyler Bryant: The blues-rock maestro will strap on a guitar and give the Guitar.com Live audience a private gig from his home studio in Nashville
- PRS Artists Showcase: PRS will bring together four of its diverse and talented guitarists – Martin Simpson, Mark Lettieri, AJ Ghent and Sophia Gripari – to bring you this captivating showcase performance
- Holly Humberstone: Catch the 20-year-old in action as she turns down the lights with her set that fuses the warmth of acoustic music with a dark, wonky electronic twist
- Third Man Records Showcase: From a pedal-steel guitarist, to New Orleans garage-psych, psychedelic instrumental and 60s-inspired garage soul, this showcase direct from the iconic Third Man Records is sure to lift your mood and go off in epic Nashville style!
Be inspired by world-renowned guitarists
You’ve heard their music or even caught them on stage – now find out what makes these artists tick at Guitar.com Live:
- The Art Of The Signature Model With Ernie Ball Music Man: John Petrucci, St Vincent, James Valentine, Steve Morse and Jason Richardson will lift the lid on the collaboration process behind an artist signature guitar
- Give The Drummers Some Room! With Santana: On Cindy Blackman Santana’s recent solo LP Give The Drummer Some the drummer gathered some of the world’s best guitar players, including Carlos Santana, John McLaughlin and Vernon Reid. And we’re bringing them together along with Cindy to talk about guitar, technique and the making of this all-star album
- Walking The Sky With Mark Tremonti: In this interview with one of the most respected guitarists on the planet, the Alter Bridge man will discuss recording in quarantine and his band’s forthcoming EP, Walk The Sky 2.0
- Joe Bonamassa Presents Guitar Safaris: The bluesman will invite us into his Los Angeles home to see and hear some of the highlights of his astonishing guitar collection
Exclusive product reveals
In partnership with brands such as Taylor, Ernie Ball Music Man and Mono, there will be a series of exclusive launches at Guitar.com Live:
- Taylor: Designed from the ground up, Taylor’s new model promises to inspire players in a whole new way – or, as the brand puts it, it’s a “game-changer”
- MONO: Two new products will join the MONO family, and they’ll be releasing them to the world at Guitar.com Live
- Ernie Ball Music Man: Music Man’s first-ever vintage replica will be unveiled at Guitar.com Live. What is it? Here are some clues: it’s 41 years old, has four strings and traces its roots to one of the most revered rock bands of all time
- Fender: It’s still under wraps, but it’s rumoured that Fender will turn heads with a new range of guitars. See them first at the show
See the full program below.