HIGHLAND PARK, IL, October 23, 2017 – Schroeder Amplification has released a new video featuring Umphrey’s McGee guitarist/vocalist Jake Cinninger playing and demonstrating the Schroeder SA9+ amplifier. Spectacularly shot in 4K Ultra HD video at Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheater, the eight-minute video features company president Tim Schroeder interviewing Cinninger onstage before the progressive rock band’s performance, along with concert footage excerpts.
“We created our new video to give people a look at our SA9+ in a fun and interesting way that goes beyond what you’ll see in a typical ‘product demo’ video,” said Schroeder. “Jake Cinninger is a tremendous human being and a phenomenal player, and I’m very happy to see someone like Jake using the SA9+ to its full potential.”
The Schroeder SA9+ is a premium vacuum-tube guitar amplifier head that combines traditional guitar amplifier design with audiophile-grade internal parts. Schroeder’s distinct approach of using ultimate-quality components usually found only in high-end audio products is evident in the SA9+’s clean sustain, clarity and chime, exceptional touch sensitivity and ability to go from clarity to harmonically complex overdrive.
Cinninger said, “It’s got those sweet dynamics that are really hard to find, and the notes are super-round and beautiful and sparkly.” He noted, “To compete in the music world you really have to do something different, and this amp is unlike any others I’ve played.”
Schroeder SA9+ Overview
The Schroeder SA9+ is a high-headroom 40-watt amp that employs two Tung-Sol KT66 power tubes and it’s instant power delivery rewards players who have a dynamic touch. Its smooth, relaxed tone and effortless response make the SA9+ ideal for musicians who want to hear every nuance of their playing. The SA9+ utilizes components from audiophile and premium parts manufacturers including Audience and Cardas wiring, custom Mercury Magnetics transformers and more. Other refinements include cryogenically treated components in specific areas to improve sonic transparency, a very “fast” solid-state rectifier circuit (the rectifier converts AC into the DC used in guitar amp circuits) for tighter touch-sensitivity and less sag, hand-selected vacuum tubes and many additional refinements. Tim Schroeder personally builds each amp in the USA to road-tough professional standards.
Key Features and Specifications
– Volume, Treble, Mid Slope, Middle, Bass and Presence controls and 3-way Bright switch
– 40 watts (before the onset of distortion; amp is designed to be played overdriven as well as clean)
– Tube complement: (1) Tung-Sol 6SL7, (2) Sovtek 12AX7LPS, (2) Tung-Sol KT66
– Newly-designed output transformer with additional taps; selectable 4, 8 or 16 ohms output impedance
– Ideal for both clean and heavily-effected electric guitar, moderate-volume electric and upright bass, amplified steel- and nylon-string acoustic guitars and pedal steel guitar
– Dimensions: 10-5/8″ H x 21″ W x 11-3/8″ D
– Available in Red, Black, Cocoa or Blonde finishes at $3,950 retail