Today’s technology gives musicians almost unlimited options when recording music.
Whether using Pro Tools on your laptop or Garageband on your iPad or iPhone, it is easier than ever to get a quality recording tool in a mobile and inexpensive package.
The question is, now that you are ready to record, how do you listen, mix and master those precious tunes?
Up until now, your options have been:
- Studio Monitors – The preferred option, but now your mobile studio much less mobile.
- Headphones – Definitely mobile, but very difficult to get that “true stereo” mix (left, right, front and possibly rear). Also, in a long recording/mixing session, can be very fatiguing on the ears.
IK Multimedia now offers iLoud Micro Monitors. These ultra-compact studio quality monitors measure in at only 7.09″ x 5.31″ x 3.54” making them a perfect fit for any mobile situation or confined quarters. Adjustable kickstands make it simple to find the precise listening angle. They even have integrated mic stand thread mounts for free field positioning.
iLoud Micro Monitors may be small, but they pack a big punch. These 2-way active, bi-amped monitors put out a total of 50W RMS. An internal 56-bit digital signal processor (DSP) controls the dynamic range, and acts as a digital crossover for the 3” high-rigidity custom composite woofers, 3/4” silk dome tweeters and large-flaring, front-firing bass reflex ports, delivering a well-balanced frequency response. The internal DSP also offers various EQ settings allowing more detailed fine tuning, adjustment and placement compensation.
IK Multimedia has made your connectivity options as trouble-free as possible. You have a choice of RCA jacks or a stereo 1/8” input for effortless connectivity with most audio devices. iLoud Micro Monitors even offers Bluetooth connectivity for wireless connections to your iPad, tablet or smartphone.
Whether you are looking for superior sound in an ultra-compact package that can be thrown in a gig bag or backpack, or a professional quality audio alternative option to your traditional big budget studio monitors, iLoud Micro Monitors from IK Multimedia can deliver both at a value price.
Priced at $299.99. For more information, visit IK Multimedia’s website HERE.
iLoud Micro Monitor Specifications
- Type: 2-way active, bi-amped studio monitor
- Frequency response (-3dB): 55Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency response (-10dB): 45Hz – 22kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Tweeter: 3/4″ silk dome, neodymium magnet
- Woofer: 3″ high-rigidity custom composite material
- Maximum SPL @ 50cm (with two speakers playing, averaged sinewave from 100 Hz to 10 kHz): 107dB
- Number of amplifiers: 4
- Amplifiers type: High Efficiency Class-D
- Total output power (both speakers): 70W (peak) – 50W RMS
- Low frequency output power (single speaker): 18W RMS
- High frequency output power (single speaker): 7W RMS
- Acoustic settings: high shelf (0dB or -3dB from 4kHz up); low shelf (0dB or -3dB from 250Hz down); desktop (+3.5dB between 1kHz and 10kHz and -1dB below 400Hz)
- System total latency (analog input): 1.02 ms
- System total latency (Bluetooth input): 155 ms (depends on host implementation, tested on iPhone 6S / iOS 10.0.1)
- High performance Bass-Reflex port
- Totally DSP controlled
- Connectors: 2 x RCA input (cable included); TRS 1/8″ stereo input; 4-pin speaker connector (cable included)
- Bluetooth® compatible with A2DP protocol
- Size: 180mm/7.09″ x 135mm/5.31″ x 90mm/3.54″
- Weight: 920g/32.45oz (left speaker), 800g/28.22oz (right speaker), 1,720g/60.67oz (left + right speaker)